What to do BEFORE
Show up to your lash appointment 10 minutes early makeup free, and relaxed.
Choose your favorite style. (A Lash Stylist will custom create your lash extensions for you. Sometimes this can take up to 3 times to find your perfect look.)
What to expect DURING
If this is your first time- Expect to know what style youre wanting. Remember, each extension is applied to each of your lashes. We also offer volume lashes. Volume lashes are highly recommended for those who love make up and enjoy making a bold statement.
- Your lashes will receive some padding to protect your eyes.
- They will be properly cleaned to remove all excess oil and dirt for the best bond to the glue.
- You will rest comfortably while your lash technician works their magic!
- Once all of your lashes have been applied and completely dried; your padding will be removed for your big reveal! (Sometimes a few of your lashes can stick together, just relax while your technician separates them. It doesnt hurt or damage your lashes. Theres nothing to worry about there! :))
What to do AFTER
- It is best to not wear mascara while you have lash extensions. Instead try cleansing them with a lint free applicator. They will return black after your make up washes off of them. These are sold for about $4 on Amazon.
- Use oil free products around your eyes to keep the glue from breaking down. (No waterproof make up around the eye area.)
- Keep them dry for 24-48 hours to ensure your glue fully bonds. (This includes saunas, steam rooms & excessive sweating.)
- Know, salt and oil breaks down the glue. Salts and oils are found in tears, sweat, ocean water and some swimming pools. It is OKAY to have fun- just rinse them off with regular water when youre finished to ensure the strongest bond.
- Do not use eye lash curlers.
- Its great to brush them from the tips only. Brushing them at the base can make them pop off.
- Schedule your next appointment for 2 weeks out. It is easier to get move your appointment out a week or two than to squeeze in earlier.
- If you would like a LASH SLEEP MASK they are sold on Amazon and help so much with lash retention.
- If you would like a LASH PILLOW please just let us know and we will custom make one for you.
- For a discount at www.xtremelashes.com you can use the promo code XLBRITLONG for 10% off! (My personal favorites I highly recommend are: AMPLIFEYE serum, eye serum, Eye Make Up Remover, Protective Coating, Length, Volume Mascara and the Brow Pen.)
Fun Facts & FAQs
What exactly are lash extensions?
Allison O’Connor: Lash extensions are applied one by one to your natural lashes to extend, darken and add volume. They will look very similar to your natural lashes, but better!
Makeup.com: What’s the difference between full and partial sets? What is the most popular application?
O’Connor: A full set consists of adding an extension to each one of your natural lashes and takes about two hours to apply. A partial set is for those who want a more subtle look or for those who only want lashes on the outer corners of their eyes. This can take an hour or less to apply. The cat eye is quite popular for a polished and chic look!
Makeup.com: What's the difference between silk and mink?
O’Connor: Silk is used for a more dramatic look. The silk lash has a beautiful shine, with a more lightweight feel and darker shading. Mink lashes are actually hollow hairs, so they are the lightest and softest extensions available. They make the lash appear lush and flirty!
Makeup.com: How long do they last?
O’Connor: Medical grade, formaldehyde-free extension glue is meant to last four-to-six weeks. Typically, the natural lash will grow out and shed the extension before the glue gives out. We like to see clients every two-to-three weeks to reapply lashes that have grown out and give the lash line a thorough cleaning. (You naturally lose about 5 lashes daily. Everybodies growth pattern is very different. This is why refills are so important to maintain your style.)
Makeup.com: Can extensions cause damage to your natural lashes?
O’Connor: Damage only occurs if the lashes are not applied properly or you pull or tug them out yourself. It's important that you have them applied by a reputable lash artist.
Makeup.com: How are extensions removed?
O’Connor: They grow out naturally and gradually, but if you decide that you don't want the remaining lashes, see your lash artist for a removal. We will take them off easily without damaging your lashes!